In memoriam Whitney Houston *Aug 9th, 1963 ✝Feb 11th, 2012

Solkars Senf zu Mathe, Physik, dem Universum und dem ganzen Rest...

Moderator: Solkar

In memoriam Whitney Houston *Aug 9th, 1963 ✝Feb 11th, 2012

Beitragvon Solkar » Montag 13. Februar 2012, 17:35

Getting older is part of the human condition and getting older sadly carries with it hearing about men and women who's name you know having passed away. If it comes to announcements of death of celebrities I often find public mourning with great ado inappropriate. It is, of course, always sad news that someone has died, but mourning is sth. very personal and in my humble opinion should not be made a public show.

But on the other hand, one should not let oneself being kept from saying sth. positive about the person who has gone just because of general considerations and so I want to express that reading about Mrs. Houston having gone last weekend really made me sad.

Whitney Houston's music was somehow part of my generation's public culture - some liked it, some did not, but everyone knew her songs.

Personally speaking I liked her music and I find it very sad to know that her brilliant voice will never be heard again.

I will miss her.
"Was macht die Bratze da auf dem Sofa?"
Aus einem "Jungen Deutschen Film" - Ausspruch einer aufgeräumt wirkenden Nackten, die am Spätvormittag in ein WG-Zimmer voller bekleideter, aber derangiert wirkender Männer tritt.
Solkar

Re: In memoriam Whitney Houston *Aug 9th, 1963 ✝Feb 11th, 20

Beitragvon Britta » Dienstag 14. Februar 2012, 10:10

Ja, schade. Aber es war vorhersehbar.

Es scheint irgendwie das Schicksal vieler Superstars zu sein. Ich frage mich nur, warum in keinem der Fälle das Umfeld gehandelt hat.
People who lie to others have merely hidden away the truth, but people who lie to themselves have forgotten where they put it.
Britta

Zurück zu Vulcan Chillout Lounge